AS Kunda Nordic Tsement was established in 1992 and belongs now to HeidelbergCement Group. From 1993 to 2000, cement production in Kunda underwent thorough renovation. One of the most essential goals was to eliminate dust pollution from clinker kilns and cement mills. To achieve this objective, the filters to clean waste emissions to air were installed.
Another important part of the company's restoration was building of a deep-water port in Kunda on the coast of the Gulf of Finland. In 1999, the company completed the mounting of a local electricity and heat co-generation plant operating on natural gas.
Cement producing in Kunda has long traditions. Production was started as early as 1870 (see also the History subfolder).
The company has got a splendid location on the coast of the Gulf of Finland and it has its own port. There are large quantities of high quality limestone found in the vicinity of the plant and local oil-shale has been used as fuel for the kilns for many decades.
Today Kunda Nordic is a modern Estonian company offering constructional cements, crushed limestone and port services to customers from both Estonia and abroad.
The owners of AS Kunda Nordic Tsement are HeidelbergCement Sweden AB (Sweden), who holds 75% of the shares and CRH Europe Holding BV (the Netherlands), who holds 25% of the shares.
AS Kunda Nordic Tsement belongs to HeidelbergCement Northern Europe, a member of HeidelbergCement Group, which is one of the leading building material producers worldwide.
Share capital is 24 million euros.
|54 299||37 667||39 045||48 333|
|Cement and clinker sales|
|Port goods turnover|