About us

Kunda Nordic Tsement was established in 1992 and  is the leading Estonian supplier of cement, the main component of concrete. Besides  constructional cements Kunda Nordic Tsement is offering crushed limestone to customers from both Estonia and abroad.

Kunda Nordic Tsement belongs to HeidelbergCement Group, a global player in cement, aggregates, concrete and downstream activities, making it one of the world's largest manufacturers of building materials. The company employs about 55 000 people in more than 50 countries. 

The owners of AS Kunda Nordic Tsement are HeidelbergCement Sweden AB (Sweden), who holds 75% of the shares and CRH Europe Holding BV (the Netherlands), who holds 25% of the shares.

"Effective management system enables us to achieve and sustain our operational and business objectives."

Management system

Kunda Nordic Tsement has been issued ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015, ISO 45001 : 2018 and  ISO 50001: 2018  certifications.

These certifications verify that the Management System of Kunda Nordic Tsement has been audited and found to be in accordance with the requirements of the management system standards ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015, ISO 45001 : 2018 and ISO 50001:2018.

Certificates

History

At the end of 1860s the owner of Kunda Manor John Girard de Soucanton became interested in the possibility of producing cement using local marl and Gault as raw materials.

The first tons of cement were manufactured under his leadership in 1870.

By 1882 the production of the factory was good enough to provide the cement of Kunda with the first prize from the national industry fair held in Moscow. In 1886 a narrow-gauge railway line connecting the company with the port was completed, and another factory was built during the period from 1892 to 1898. Since 1893 steam engines were used for mining raw material, and a hydroelectric power station was completed at the same time (the first in all Estonia).

Read more

"In 2021 Kunda Nordic Tsement celebrated 150th anniversary of cement production in Kunda. To celebrate 150th anniversary a special exhibition of old glass plate negatives was shown in different Estonian cities."